Start Date: 08 Nov 2023
Time: Wednesdays 18:00 – 20:00 GMT | 13:00 – 15:00 Eastern Time | 10:00 – 12:00 Pacific Time
Duration: 6 weeks (no class Nov 22)
Interest-free instalment payments available with Klarna
SOLD OUT: Join the REMIX waiting list here
DISCOVERY courses challenge artists to explore and develop new ways of making and thinking. Hosted by a contemporary Lead Artist, DISCOVERY courses emphasize experimentation in a supportive, online environment. Over 6 intensive weeks artists will employ innovative conceptual and practical techniques.
DISCOVERY courses are led by individual contemporary artists, delivering bespoke sessions informed by their own art practice. Open to artists from all disciplines at any stage of their career.
Led by artist Sam Jackson, REMIX facilitates new thinking, accelerates conceptual development and identifies new pathways. By deploying methods associated with remix culture including the cut-up technique, appropriation and adopting alternative personas, artists are encouraged to embrace non-hierarchical ideas and practices.
- Two-hour weekly group sessions delivered by Lead Artist
- Presentations on established artists and their methodologies
- Practical assignments during sessions
- Weekly research and / or practical assignments to be completed outside of live sessions
- Artwork feedback from Lead Artist and peer group
- Peer group chat forum
- One year’s free subscription to TALKS PROGRAMME
To undertake REMIX artists need:
- Everyday materials
- Access to Zoom
Registration is full. Please try again later.